I got the idea of cooking this tong sui/dessert after I tried it from ‘tim pan kor kor’; a dessert shop in Subang.
It looks pretty simple. All you need is just a packet of tong yuen (glutinuos rice ball) which can be purchased from the supermarket (I’m lazy ma…so I just buy it from the supermarket. Moreover I do not know how to make the one with black sesame content lerr…. ^^), 1 number of sweet potato(your desired size), gula melaka and ginger.
- Boil a pot of water
- Put in the ginger (approximate 4cm, sliced it)
- Add in gula melaka (you may also substitute it with normal sugar)
- When the water is boiling; add in the sweet potatoes.
- Cook till the sweet potatoes is soft enough.
- As for the ‘tong yuen’; boil separately in another pot of boiling water. When the tong yuen are floating above…means its cooked. You can now scoop them up.