In conjunction of Chinese New Year; my mom decided to cook some CNY dishes. This is one of the dish which she tried from a recipe book. Its was her first attempt. The dish works well.
*2 bowls please* 😉
- 3 cups rice
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 4 shallots (sliced)
- 1 stalk spring onion (chopped)
- 4 cups water
Ingredients B :
- 1 Chinese duck drumstick or substitute with waxed meat
- 1 pair Chinese sausage
- 1 pair Chinese liver sausage
- 1 tbsp light soya sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp dark soya sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
1) Scald Chinese sausage and Chinese liver sausage in boiling water, flameout. Put in Chinese duck drumstick and soak for 10 minutes. Remove and set aside.
2) Rinse rice and drain. Heat up 2 tbsp of oil in pot, fry minced garlic and shallots till fragrant. Add in rice and stir-fry till fragrant. Add in “Seasonings” and stir-fry till fairly dry.
3) Pour the fried rice into electric rice cooker, pour in water and stir evenly. Put in Chinese sausage, cover with lid and cook.
4) Open lid and stir the rice evenly after bringing to boil (around 14 minutes). Arrange Chinese liver sausage and Chinese duck drumstick in cooker, cover lid and continue cooking until the rice is fully cooked. Allow rice to simmer in cooker with lid for a few minutes. Open lid and remove Chinese duck drumstick, Chinese sausage and Chinese liver sausage, cut it into slanted slices. (mix rice evenly).
5) Arrange Chinese duck drumstick, Chinese sausage, Chinese liver sausage on top of rice, sprinkle with chopped spring onions. Serve
3 thoughts on “Mummy cooked Waxed Meat Rice (Lap Mei Fun)”
Your mum is a very good cook! 🙂
HY- hehehe…thanks for the compliment. 😉