To summarize my BKK trip, I will try to make it simple. Actually we do not have a proper itinerary. Moreover things were planned kinda last minute. hehe…But Ashley being the well-organized person she will jot down most of the info. I am good at pointing out the places we should visit, but I don’t think I’ll be able to travel F&E without her. 😀
Fly to BKK by MAS (food served in MAS sucks big time!). Then we arrived Suvarnabhumi Airport, BKK at 10.15am, walked quite far to claim our luggage. At the airport, please read clearly on the directions. Or ask for directions to get to get Airport Rail Link. Hence, do not forget to grab some maps. Because some maps may attached with discounted coupons. (ie: discount 20% entrance fee to Siam Ocean World). Our accommodation place is at Bangkok City Hotel. To get to the hotel, we took Airport Link, take the City Line (Blue), cost 15 Baht, from the airport, take off at the last station, Phayatai. After you get off at Phaya Thai, purchase a ticket to Ratchathewi station. It is only one station, costs 15 Baht. When you reach Ratchathewi station, please take Exit 3. Exit 3 is the direction to go to reach Bangkok City Hotel. Walk for about 5 minutes until you reach an intersection, turn LEFT at the intersection. Don’t cross the road, just turn left. Walk for another 5 to 8 minutes and you’ll reach Bangkok City Hotel which is on your left. – source from Ashley
Hotel Review – Bangkok City Hotel.
– By noon, we took a cab from our hotel to Siam Paragon (less than 60 baht). You may also reach here by BTS. At Siam Paragon, we decided to have our late lunch at Paragon Food Hall.
– After the satisfying lunch, we went to Siam Ocean World located at Basement floor of Siam Paragon. An aquatic wonderland the size of three Olympic swimming pools, claimed as one of the largest aquarium in Southeast Asia. Over here, you may purchase a package which includes the entrance to Madame Tussauds. Remember the map attached with 20% rebate? I use that to get discount on the entrance. Siam Ocean World (Super Pack) for 900 baht. (Inclusive of Aquarium, 4D theatre, Glass-bottom boat, happy fish happy feet (fish massage), back of the house tour, and Pepsi & popcorn) 4D show was below average. While the popcorn is not nice. Well, the aquarium is worth visiting. For complete album, click HERE
– After a tiring day, before we had our dinner…we went for foot massage few doors away from our Hotel for just 200 baht! For 1 hour.
– Next, our dinner nearby our hotel. (Choose the one with more crowds and more locals).
All of us except Wanyi were enjoying our foot massage. ^^
– Chatuchak Market (Click HERE for the full info)
– By evening, we went to Chinatown Bangkok by cab (from Hotel, less than 50 baht). At Chinatown, you will feel as though you are at a real Chinese town. Some of them can speak Chinese too. Generally there are nothing much for you to shop here.
How to get to Chinatown. Click HERE
Our Dinner at T&K Seafood(The green shirt troop). Fresh and delicious seafood with reasonable price. It may be crowded, but they work efficiently!
Our dessert. Walked along the main road, spotted a mini lorry parked at the road side with many durians. Bought a pack of Mango sticky rice and Durian sticky rice for total of 150 baht. Dirt cheap with incredibly sweet and generous amount of mango. While durian is so creamy.
– Maeklong Railway Market Bangkok. Click HERE for full info.
– Coconut Sugar Farm & Damonen Saduak Floating Market. Click HERE for full info.
– Wat Saket (Temple of the Golden Mount). Click HERE for full info.
at MBK Shopping Center Bangkok, there is a food court named MBK Food Centre (located at 6th floor). Varieties of food served here. You are required to purchase coupon from the counter there before you order food from the stalls.
While shopping here…hmm..I don’t quite like. Its quite similar to our Sg. Wang & Berjaya Times Square.
– By evening, we return to Paragon Food Hall for second round of food. Because the food court here is so huge! You can never get enough.
– After dinner, head on to Siam Square Outdoor Market (which is just across the road. Opposite of Siam Paragon).
Its like a fashion pasar malam. Stalls are set up here every evening. Despite the humid weather and sweaty feeling, I like shopping here. Clothes, watches, shoes, bags, earrings, necklace, accessories, and many more at a good price. Some may require a lil bargaining. Can you imagine you can get a denim shorts for just 200 baht! Its not poor quality okay. And their fashion sense…so update!
Blog to refer; click HERE.
– Platinum Mall (walk from Bangkok City Hotel, around 15 minutes). Its a very huge mall. More like a wholesale mall. You may purchase 1 item. But you will prefer to get more than 2 item from one shop in order to be entitle for a wholesale price. Which gives you a better bargain. Shop till drop here!
Address: Petchaburi Road, Pratunam
Opens daily from 9am to 8pm
Getting Here: BTS Siam, BTS Chitlom, BTS Ratchatewi – 10-15 minute walk to the mall.
(located next to Platinum Mall-walking distance). Here, you can shop for branded goods. Seeing the price is not much different from KL, so we just window shop. hehe….
Address : CentralWorld 999/9 Rama 1 Rd., Patumwan, Bangkok 10330 Thailand
BTS: Chit Lom station. So, go on sky walk between Chit Lom and Siam station.
– Our flight to KL is in the afternoon. Therefore, we only able to go to TESCO Lotus Bangkok. A hypermarket just like Malaysia. Came here to buy some Thai instant noodles! hheeh…Bought 1 whole box and several packets of tom yam & duck instant noodles.
…..here are my shopping haul in BKK.
Lovely magnets at 100 baht for 2 pcs. (from Chatuchak Market)
Keychains at 100 baht for 2pcs. (from Chatuchak Market)
(from Chatuchak Market)
(from Siam Square Outdoor Market)
Earrings. 4pcs for 100 baht. (from Siam Square Outdoor Market)
(from Platinum Mall).
go to BKK, must not forget to shop at Naraya lor…Naraya at Siam Discovery has more designs and the outlet is quite big too. Click HERE to refer to their outlets.
31 thoughts on “Bangkok 5D4N & My Shopping Haul”
heheh, that looks fun. lots of shopping, enough eating and a fair bit of sightseeing too 😀
Sean – Haha…guess that’s enough to wrap the entire trip! But feels like not enough of shopping :-p
i tot I am busy but seems like you are busier than me..
after so many days and only today you bog a new post.. tsk tsk tsk..
so busy watching astro on demand le..kakakaka
Simple Person – LOL! wahahah….lately quite bz oso le…one after another. Curi time to blog sikit lo… =p
so today a grand finale on your BKK trip .. kakakaka..
bought so many things…
that is why there are 3 places that cannot bring woman to go one..
1) TH 2) HKG 3) Europe
yala2 grand finale la… =p
Simple Person – ada lagi la…Taiwan, Korea, Japan!!! hahaha
last time my BIL came back and she bought a lovely Naraya handbag for my wife..
it is nice le ..
I saw Naraya at Isetan KLCC .. not so big le..
yaya…KLCC gt sell…but price of course higher. *sigh
yeap..simple and nice hor
yes I love the TH mango sticky rice …. really good ..
There is once I eat too much and I “lou sai” kekekeke
walao…u teruk case wan la…. LOL!
I love Thailand. I love the food especially – put on so much weight that I had to buy new trousers to wear home. Dunno now but that time when I went long ago, quality of stuff there no good – cheap no doubt, bought so much but all did not last very long. 😦
suituapui – Hahaha…I don’t dare to bring tight fitting clothes oso. I knew I sure to put on weight. Ya…you are right..some of them the quality is just so so. Therefore you gotto pick wisely. 😉
P.S. I love the sticky rice too…but I prefer the one with durian! Droooool!!!!
LOL! Looks like you are one of the durian fan too… 😀
woah durian sticky rice. i havent try before. but it must be delicious 😀
Latest: A Trip to Hunan
Fish – Yeah…its nice. Yalo…I think I hardly see it here.
you buy too little lah my dear~
I wish I could. Not enough money!! hahha…=p
Nice itinerary ler.. next time if i go BKK can refer. Hehe!
I like the clothes that you bought… and also all the cute earings.
Thank Baby Sumo. I like the earings too. Regretted for not buying more =p
“but I don’t think I’ll be able to travel F&E without her”, got so kua cheong mah you?! LOL! I think it’s my job habit lah, will always write down something that I plan to do/go. Hahahahaha…… Orang tua lah, need to write down, if not later forget where to go. Kakakaka….
Hello, wouldl like to know the tour guide that you used to go to floating market, Do you have their contact?
and about floating market, once you reach there are you supposed to get a tour guide or what? It seems like you might get lost there. 🙂
Im going there soon, hope to hear from you soon 😀
Hi Jaclyn. We went to floating market with ‘Chen Family Tour’. Booked the tour when we were at our Hotel Lobby. We stayed at Bangkok City Hotel.
hi May i know how much thb did you spend in total? im going for a 4D3N trip with my friend so wondering what’s the estimated budget like. thanks!
Hi sasa. Thanks for the visit.
Erm..I did not carry much cash. But I did bring along my credit card just in case if I needed it. (I uses credit card when purchasing at Naraya bags outlet)
Therefore I only brought along 10,000 THB.
Arr after c ur photo and all d shopping!!! I want to go again!!
But with girls!!
All my girlfriends reluctant to go ler, but dragging hubby again seem very pity. 😦
Mag….when was ur last time there? Good place to shop..but the weather…hurmmm… 😀
would you recommend the hotel that you are staying?Is it near to the BTS and convinent to go around? I am planning for a trip to bkk and have no idea what to do and see there except for the railway market and floating market. Any other temples/historical sites that you can recommend?
I especially love shopping in platinum fashion mall, but chatucak market seems to be interesting too! I’ve never been there yet!
Maeklong Railway Market is a place that I must visit and include in my list of top things to do in Bangkok. Thanks Melissa!