To summarize my BKK trip, I will try to make it simple. Actually we do not have a proper itinerary. Moreover things were planned kinda last minute. hehe…But Ashley being the well-organized person she will jot down most of the info. I am good at pointing out the places we should visit, but I don’t think I’ll be able to travel F&E without her.😀
Fly to BKK by MAS (food served in MAS sucks big time!). Then we arrived Suvarnabhumi Airport, BKK at 10.15am, walked quite far to claim our luggage. At the airport, please read clearly on the directions. Or ask for directions to get to get Airport Rail Link. Hence, do not forget to grab some maps. Because some maps may attached with discounted coupons. (ie: discount 20% entrance fee to Siam Ocean World). Our accommodation place is at Bangkok City Hotel. To get to the hotel, we took Airport Link, take the City Line (Blue), cost 15 Baht, from the airport, take off at the last station, Phayatai. After you get off at Phaya Thai, purchase a ticket to Ratchathewi station. It is only one station, costs 15 Baht. When you reach Ratchathewi station, please take Exit 3. Exit 3 is the direction to go to reach Bangkok City Hotel. Walk for about 5 minutes until you reach an intersection, turn LEFT at the intersection. Don’t cross the road, just turn left. Walk for another 5 to 8 minutes and you’ll reach Bangkok City Hotel which is on your left. – source from Ashley
Hotel Review – Bangkok City Hotel.
– By noon, we took a cab from our hotel to Siam Paragon (less than 60 baht). You may also reach here by BTS. At Siam Paragon, we decided to have our late lunch at Paragon Food Hall.
– After the satisfying lunch, we went to Siam Ocean World located at Basement floor of Siam Paragon. An aquatic wonderland the size of three Olympic swimming pools, claimed as one of the largest aquarium in Southeast Asia. Over here, you may purchase a package which includes the entrance to Madame Tussauds. Remember the map attached with 20% rebate? I use that to get discount on the entrance. Siam Ocean World (Super Pack) for 900 baht. (Inclusive of Aquarium, 4D theatre, Glass-bottom boat, happy fish happy feet (fish massage), back of the house tour, and Pepsi & popcorn) 4D show was below average. While the popcorn is not nice. Well, the aquarium is worth visiting. For complete album, click HERE
– After a tiring day, before we had our dinner…we went for foot massage few doors away from our Hotel for just 200 baht! For 1 hour.
– Next, our dinner nearby our hotel. (Choose the one with more crowds and more locals).
photo by Ashley
All of us except Wanyi were enjoying our foot massage. ^^
– Chatuchak Market (Click HERE for the full info)
– By evening, we went to Chinatown Bangkok by cab (from Hotel, less than 50 baht). At Chinatown, you will feel as though you are at a real Chinese town. Some of them can speak Chinese too. Generally there are nothing much for you to shop here.
How to get to Chinatown. Click HERE
Our Dinner at T&K Seafood(The green shirt troop). Fresh and delicious seafood with reasonable price. It may be crowded, but they work efficiently!
Our dessert. Walked along the main road, spotted a mini lorry parked at the road side with many durians. Bought a pack of Mango sticky rice and Durian sticky rice for total of 150 baht. Dirt cheap with incredibly sweet and generous amount of mango. While durian is so creamy.
– Maeklong Railway Market Bangkok. Click HERE for full info.
– Coconut Sugar Farm & Damonen Saduak Floating Market. Click HERE for full info.
– Wat Saket (Temple of the Golden Mount). Click HERE for full info.
– MBK Shopping Center Bangkok
at MBK Shopping Center Bangkok, there is a food court named MBK Food Centre (located at 6th floor). Varieties of food served here. You are required to purchase coupon from the counter there before you order food from the stalls.
While shopping here…hmm..I don’t quite like. Its quite similar to our Sg. Wang & Berjaya Times Square.
– By evening, we return to Paragon Food Hall for second round of food. Because the food court here is so huge! You can never get enough.
– After dinner, head on to Siam Square Outdoor Market (which is just across the road. Opposite of Siam Paragon).
Its like a fashion pasar malam. Stalls are set up here every evening. Despite the humid weather and sweaty feeling, I like shopping here. Clothes, watches, shoes, bags, earrings, necklace, accessories, and many more at a good price. Some may require a lil bargaining. Can you imagine you can get a denim shorts for just 200 baht! Its not poor quality okay. And their fashion sense…so update!
Blog to refer; click HERE.
– Platinum Mall (walk from Bangkok City Hotel, around 15 minutes). Its a very huge mall. More like a wholesale mall. You may purchase 1 item. But you will prefer to get more than 2 item from one shop in order to be entitle for a wholesale price. Which gives you a better bargain. Shop till drop here!
Address: Petchaburi Road, Pratunam
Opens daily from 9am to 8pm
Getting Here: BTS Siam, BTS Chitlom, BTS Ratchatewi – 10-15 minute walk to the mall.
– Central World
(located next to Platinum Mall-walking distance). Here, you can shop for branded goods. Seeing the price is not much different from KL, so we just window shop. hehe….
Address : CentralWorld 999/9 Rama 1 Rd., Patumwan, Bangkok 10330 Thailand
BTS: Chit Lom station. So, go on sky walk between Chit Lom and Siam station.
– Our flight to KL is in the afternoon. Therefore, we only able to go to TESCO Lotus Bangkok. A hypermarket just like Malaysia. Came here to buy some Thai instant noodles! hheeh…Bought 1 whole box and several packets of tom yam & duck instant noodles.
…..here are my shopping haul in BKK.
Lovely magnets at 100 baht for 2 pcs. (from Chatuchak Market)
Keychains at 100 baht for 2pcs. (from Chatuchak Market)
(from Chatuchak Market)
(from Siam Square Outdoor Market)
Earrings. 4pcs for 100 baht. (from Siam Square Outdoor Market)
(from Platinum Mall).
go to BKK, must not forget to shop at Naraya lor…Naraya at Siam Discovery has more designs and the outlet is quite big too. Click HERE to refer to their outlets.
Hope my simple itinerary able to guide you on planning your BKK trip. Good day everyone ♥